Utah’s Arches

I’ve always had this vision of me traveling across the country in a beat-up Jeep, sleeping in my car, not having a care in the world. That’s what led me to drive 12 hours to Utah’s Arches National Park and back, in ONE weekend. Because of this “idea” I had of myself, I also purposely did not book any rooms for the trip, as I wanted to see if living in my car was something I could do……for the record, it is not.

0-1
Arches National Park

Nevertheless, I’m grateful for the experiences and lessons that always come from traveling, especially traveling solo. I had a long weekend filled with gas station food, hiking in simultaneously warm and chilly weather and getting to know myself–and this beautiful county–even better.

THE PARK

Utah’s Arches National Park is a $30 entrance fee if you arrive in a car, like I did. I personally think this is very helpful as the park is quite big so, it’s easier to drive to different locations, park, get out and start hiking, and then drive to another location. The park includes about 15 different hiking paths and will certainly take up a whole day if you chose to do them all.

Arches National Park

It was also the off-season for the park, so most of the trails were not very busy, which I enjoyed. I think it’s also important to note that the park is more than just arched red rocks. It fills its more than 70k acres with sandstone, balanced rocks, pinnacles, soaring spires and wildlife.

THE ROAD

Like I said earlier, I drove from eastern Nebraska to eastern Utah but, I wouldn’t say it was a terrible journey. You get to see most of beautiful Colorado (which is always a plus) and I had myself a little social media detox (since I was, you know, driving). I would also recommend stopping in Denver, as it’s a cool city and about at the halfway mark!

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset
Utah’s Road Sign

All in all, Arches National Park is breathtaking, fun to hike (and look at) and a great weekend getaway for those who love nature and road trips (but, for reference, you can fly into Moab, which is close to the park). I want to finish this blog by thanking everyone who continues to follow me on my travel journey and read my articles! ♥♥

**Have you been to Utah?
**What else did I miss about the park?
**Is this on your travel bucket list?

Like this post? Pin it!

9 Comments Add yours

1. Rhonda Albom says:

I have seen so many photos of the Arches, but never before in the winter. It’s so beautiful with the snow, but too cold for me.

Liked by 1 person

1. clairebromm says:

totally understandable – i usually prefer not-cold weather also 😝

2. josypheen says:

Those arches are gorgeous!! Can you really do all 15 hikes in a single day? Does that mean each hike is really short, or are you some kind of speedy superstar?

Liked by 1 person

1. clairebromm says:

hahah im certainly not some speedy hiker! im pretty sure i did about each hike halfway (as it was a little cold) but I picked about 3 or 4 that i wanted to do all the way!

Liked by 1 person

1. josypheen says:

Well, it looks like you got to see some epic views, so you must have chosen well!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Felicia says:

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your
    magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

Liked by 1 person

4. Georgiana says:

Hello.This post was extremely remarkable, particularly because I was searching for thoughts on this topic last Wednesday.

Liked by 1 person

5. be i am ig says:

Fine way of describing, and pleasant article to take facts regarding my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in academy.