Nebraska welcomed me back from sunny Arizona with clouds and low temps. And although my time in the desert was short, I proudly showed off my new suntan lines.
This wasn’t my first time in Arizona (and won’t be my last) but so many years had gone by between my trips that it was hard to know what to expect. I’ll be honest, it wasn’t as hot as I thought it was going to be. The sun did come out at the end of the trip, but it wasn’t scorching hot like I imagined, which I guess could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.
This trip was also a family trip and we were there for a wedding, which meant my time wasn’t really my own. In fact, one of my days included making last minute wedding trip stops at places such as Trader Joes and Costco and prepping sandwiches for the bridal party to have on the big day.
And so, while I wasn’t off running around on my own, it was fun to sit back, relax, hang out with family and even help out when needed.
I put together this short list on how to have a relaxing time in Arizona for those who might want to get a break from work burnout or even life in general.
GO FOR A HIKE
- Other options: Check out the Scottsdale Botanical Garden. Or just walk around your neighborhood. Any one of these activities will have you drowning in the all the nature pic you’ll be taking.
TEQUILA AND TACOS
- Now, this doesn’t have to be the restaurant Tequila and Tacos (which we did go to and I would recommend), this could simply mean make your own margarita then sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.
other food options:
- Oreganos (a place I often remember from my first trip to AZ many years ago, as they have the most delicious cookie/ice cream dessert)
- Crumbl Cookies (a recommendation from my friend, Haley!)
- Maybe this is because we just got out of the Midwest winter, but by far my favorite thing I did while on this trip was lay by the pool and get a nice tan 😂.
- Luckily, we picked an airbnb that had a pool – check out airbnb to find unique places to stay!
And so, while this isn’t a complete guide such as “best hikes in AZ” or “places to see in AZ” I hope you remember that it’s okay to have a relaxing vacation every now and then. One to spend time with family. One where every minute isn’t planned out. One where you wont be disappointed when things don’t go the way you expected.
I know I need this reminder.
However, don’t be fooled into thinking I don’t already have a plan to go back and check some things off my bucket list 😉
Things I still want to do in AZ
- Grand Canyon
- Antelope Canyon
- Horseshoe Bend
I hope this post was fun for you to read and if you’ve ever been to Arizona please let me know what you like about the state and where you favorite places to go are!
Like this post? Pin in!