A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of going to Washington, DC and I wanted to share my experiences with everyone!
I went with a group called CloseUp and they took us to numerous sites.
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- US Capitol building
- Martin Lutheran King Jr Memorial
and the National Mall (which holds the Washington Memorial and is not an actual mall. I know, its not the best name choice).
We also visited The White House
- National Air and Space Museum (one of the many Smithsonian’s)
- the Holocaust Museum (I have actually visited the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam so it was cool to compare to different costs of the war: between Europe and the states)
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- the National Archivese to the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights)
- The American History Museum and the American Indian Museum (two more of the Smithsonian’s).
Believe it or not, we accomplished this all in 1 WEEK!
One of my absolute favorite things that happened during the week was that we saw an equal rights protest on the steps of the US Capitol Building and got to join in!
I would definitely recommend seeing DC because this city is full of variety and people who are not afraid to share their beliefs with you!