A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of going to Washington, DC and I wanted to share my experiences with everyone!
I went with a group called CloseUp and they took us to numerous sites.
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- US Capitol building
- Martin Lutheran King Jr Memorial
and the National Mall (which holds the Washington Memorial and is not an actual mall. I know, its not the best name choice).
We also visited The White House
- National Air and Space Museum (one of the many Smithsonian’s)
- the Holocaust Museum (I have actually visited the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam so it was cool to compare to different costs of the war: between Europe and the states)
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
- the National Archivese to the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights)
- The American History Museum and the American Indian Museum (two more of the Smithsonian’s).
Believe it or not, we accomplished this all in 1 WEEK!
One of my absolute favorite things that happened during the week was that we saw an equal rights protest on the steps of the US Capitol Building and got to join in!
I would definitely recommend seeing DC because this city is full of variety and people who are not afraid to share their beliefs with you!
Hello there I am so excited I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Google for something else, Anyways I
am here now and would just like to say many
thanks for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your
RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
read more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.
Wow! Thanks so much for the sweet reply 🙂 🙂